SPATULA FOODS BIRTHDAY CONTEST(the “Contest”) OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS RESIDING IN ONTARIO AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on March 9, 2023, at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 31, 2023, at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
By entering into the Giveaway, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules and the Terms of Service and represent that you satisfy all eligibility requirements for the Giveaway.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada in Ontario who have reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry; except employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of SPATULA Foods Inc. (the “Sponsor”). An individual who meets the foregoing eligibility requirements (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion) may be referred to as an “Eligible Entrant”.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
There are two ways to enter.
ONLINE PURCHASE ENTRIES: If you are an Eligible Entrant, in order to receive an online purchase entry into the Contest during the Contest Period, you may purchase any of the SPATULA Foods Elevated Everyday and Chef’s Special dishes (700-750g). Each eligible product purchased will be counted as one entry.
INSTAGRAM AND WEBSITE FORM NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENTRIES: Tag a friend in the comments section on the dedicated SPATULA contest Instagram post on the official @spatulafoods handle within the contest period. Each comment (or tagged friend) will count towards one entry to the Contest. Entrants must also complete the below form to be eligible without purchase.
The website form (https://www.spatulafoods.com/pages/birthday-contest) requires an entrant's first name, last name, email address, complete mailing address, phone number, and Instagram handle.
4. PRIZES: There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) round-trip ticket to Paris, France from Ontario, Canada at a maximum value of $750 CDN, including all taxes and fees. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable. The prize will only be awarded to the person who is verified as the Eligible Entrant associated with the selected Eligible Entry in question. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value, including cash. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should a Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if his/her Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Each Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer.
5. WINNER SELECTION (“Random Draw”): On April 1, 2023 (the “Draw Date”) in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, all email addresses submitted by Eligible Entrants via a purchase or our online website form during the Contest Period will be combined and one (1) winner will be selected by Random Draw in accordance with these Rules. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of Eligible Entries submitted and received during the Contest Period.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION: The Sponsor will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact each potential Prize winner by telephone or email (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion) using the information provided from purchase order or non-purchasing online entry form, within fourteen (14) calendar days of the Draw Date. If the potential Prize winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) calendar days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select another Eligible Entrant from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant). The prize winner will be required to send a picture of the golden ticket if won through the purchase entry method or screen shot of the Instagram tag via the non-purchase necessary method.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each potential prize winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within five (5) business days of the first notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of a Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of a Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city and province of residence, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If any potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) a Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select another Eligible Entrant from among the remaining Eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential winner). There is a limit of one (1) Prize per Eligible Entrant.
7. LIMITATIONS ON ENTRIES Regardless of method of Entry, there is a limit of one hundred (100) Entries per Eligible Entrant during the Contest Period. Under no circumstances will an Eligible Entrant be permitted to obtain more than the maximum allowable number of Entries during the Contest Period. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one email address to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, email addresses, mailing addresses, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). Any Entry that does not follow the above applicable format(s) and requirements as provided in these Rules (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will not be eligible for entry in this Contest. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. Standard data rates apply to participants who participate in the Contest via a wireless mobile device (including, without limitation, Eligible Entrants who submit an Entry via a wireless mobile device). Wireless service providers may charge for data charges if accessing the Website from a mobile device. The sponsor is not responsible for any data charges incurred by the entrant when attempting to participate in this contest. Please call your service provider for pricing, service plan information and rates before mobile device participation. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity, eligibility or compliance with these Rules (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s official clock. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries, and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry, or other material to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, mail delivery service interruptions, delays, or errors of any kind; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.